Product Listing Ads (PLA) is a tool that helps you boost your product visibility on search results, whenever a customer performs a search related to your products on noon.
Find out more about how to use PLA here.
1. Where can I access the PLA tool?
You can easily set up your ad campaigns directly on Seller Lab here.
2. How does PLA work?
Simple! Follow the below easy steps to launch your ad campaign:
- Start a new ad campaign here, and set the campaign duration.
- Add from your catalog the products that you want to include in the campaign.
- Add the right keywords to describe your products. The keywords will be used to match your ads to words used by our customers while searching for products on noon.
- Update the daily advertising budget for your campaign (it can be as little as 50 AED/SAR/EGP), and set up your bid for each keyword, which is the maximum amount of your cost per click. Your chosen daily budget will be reactivated everyday throughout the duration of your campaign.
3. How can I get PLA activated on my Seller Lab?
PLA is currently available to sellers who satisfy specific eligibility criteria. You'll be contacted once you become eligible.
4. When will my ads be live?
Your ads will go live as soon as you launch your campaign. You can also set up campaigns that will take place in the future, and your ads will go live on your chosen campaign start date.
5. Can I add keywords for a campaign in bulk?
Yes, you can. Just enter a list of keywords that best describe your products. Ensure that your keywords are separated by commas while adding them in the keywords field. You can also choose from a list of recommended keywords that is provided to you.
6. What happens if I use a keyword that is irrelevant to my product by mistake?
noon screens campaigns to ensure that irrelevant keywords aren't used. Therefore, if a keyword that isn't related to products is used, your campaign will be paused. To reactivate the campaign, simply review your chosen keywords, and remove the irrelevant ones.
7. Where can I monitor the costs and performance of my ad campaigns?
A summary of your ads costs, revenue, and all key analytics is available on your Ad Lab dashboard.
8. How will I be charged for using PLA?
Whenever a customer clicks your product, you'll be charged a specific amount (bid) that you allocate to each keyword you choose to use in your ad campaign while setting up your campaign.
noon will deduct all charges incurred over a week from your weekly payment, and said charges will be part of your weekly payment statement, which you can access in the Payments tab.
9. When do I pay for a click on my product?
You'll pay your ads charges on a weekly basis as part of your payment statement. Your bids are exclusive of VAT, and the charges inclusive of VAT will appear in your weekly payment statement.
10. I have added 5 SKUs to my campaign and I won the bid but only 3 of my SKUs are showing. What is the reason behind this?
Whenever you create a campaign there are only 3 slots maximum available for each keyword. In case you add more than 3 SKUs to the campaign the top 3 bids will be selected at random and they will win the bid. And these keywords will be constant for the lifetime of the campaign. In case you want to add more SKUs we recommend you to create more campaigns.
11. Why isn't my ad showing when I search for it on noon using the keywords I chose?
There are several reasons why your ad may not be showing:
- Bid value: the ad that wins the ad slot is the one that has the highest bid. If another seller has bid higher than you, then their ad is the one that will win the slot.
- Irrelevant keywords: noon periodically scans campaigns to ensure that the relevant keywords are used. If you have products that aren't related to your keywords, or vise versa, your campaign will be paused. To reactivate your campaign, simply delete the irrelevant product or keyword from the campaign.
- Consumed daily budget: if your daily budget is consumed, the campaign will be paused until your daily budget automatically rests at midnight.
- Consumed weekly wallet credit: if your live campaigns have consumed your wallet credit for a particular week, your campaigns will be paused, even if the daily budget is available. In this case, you’ll either have to wait till the following week for your wallet to be replenished, request more limit, or pay any pending dues to noon to resume using PLA.
12. What are recommended bids? Do I have to use them?
You'll be provided a list of recommended bids, which are based on the popularity of a particular keyword. These are simply recommendations based on historical data of the most used keywords by our customers, and you don't necessarily have to use them. You can bid higher or lower, according to what your advertising budget allows.
13. What's the Daily budget and how does it affect the campaigns?
Daily Budget is the maximum budget that the advertiser would like to spend. Once the daily budget is exhausted, advertiser campaigns will be paused and marked as “daily limit exhausted”. This budget is not the actual amount but just an approximated amount, as there will be many users searching for a keyword at the same time and hence there can be 10-15% buffer to the budget set by the seller.
Got more questions?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org