Finding your items in the Partner Catalog just got easier. With multiple search and filter functions, you can now easily and accurately browse through your inventory.
I. Catalog Views
The Partner Catalog page shows you all the SKUs you have listed in your store. In order to help you get a better and clear understanding of your SKUs and their status, we have 2 views to classify your listing as mentioned below
- All SKUs
- Not Live SKUs
1. All SKUs
This view will show you all the SKUs that you have listed in your store irrespective of status, visibility, brand etc.
2. Not Live SKUs
The Not Live SKUs view will help you to filter all the SKUs which are not live on noon platform. This will help you to prioritize working on fixing the issue with such SKUs to make them live to gain more sales.
II. Search bar
You can use the search bar to search for items by:
- Title (in English and Arabic),
- Brand (English)
- Partner SKU
- Seller SKU
- noon SKU
Where can I find the search bar?
The search bar is easily accessible from the top left of your Partner Catalog to help you quickly find your products.
Use filters to narrow down your search. You can apply one, or different combinations of filters to find the selection of products that you need to review.
Where can I find filters?
Filtering the Partner Catalog is simple. You can filter using two types of filters:
- Quick Filters
- All Filters
1. Quick Filters
The Quick Filters are constituted of the following filters:
- Status: Seller status of the SKU whether is Active or Inactive
- Fulfillment: This filter helps to get the SKUs which are exclusively fulfilled by noon (Express).
- QC Status: This filter help us to the understand the QC status of the SKU whether it is pending, approved or rejected.
- Brand: This filter helps to get the SKUs belonging to the specific brand/ brands
2. All Filters
The All Filters are constituted of a list of the filters in the below picture. To access them you can follow these simple steps.
- Click Filter and select as many filters as you need. After you’re done, make sure to click Apply and the list of your filtered products will appear.
Note: To see all filters, make sure to scroll all the way down to the end of the
You can keep changing, or adding more filters if you wish. As you add new filters, the list of your products will reload with the new conditions.
IV. Removing Filters
Its very easy to remove the filters your have applied to get the original data. All you have to do is click on Reset. This will remove all the filter you have applied and will display the data without any filters.
Got any questions?
Drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org