Finding your items in the Partner Catalog just got easier. With multiple search and filter functions, you can now easily and accurately browse through your inventory.
I. Search bar
You can use the search bar to search for items by:
- Title (in English and Arabic),
- Brand (English)
- Partner SKU
- Seller SKU
- noon SKU
Where can I find the search bar?
The search bar is easily accessible from the top left of your Partner Catalog to help you quickly find your products.
Use filters to narrow down your search. You can apply one, or different combinations of filters to find the selection of products that you need to review.
Where can I find filters?
Filtering the Partner Catalog is simple. You can filter using two types of filters:
- Main filters
- Advanced filters
The "Main Filters" are constituted of the following filters:
- Visibility: allows you to see products that are "Live", "Not Live", or "All" your products.
- Content Status: allows you to see products that have a content that is "Valid", "Invalid", or "All" content statuses.
- Stock Status: allows you to see products that have stock quantities that are "Valid", "Invalid", or "All" stock quantities.
The Advanced Filters are constituted of a list of the filters in the below picture. To access them, click "Advanced Search", and select as many filters as required.
Note: To see all advanced filters, make sure to scroll all the way down to
the end of the pop-up window.
After you’re done, make sure to click "Save" and the list of your filtered products will appear.
You can keep changing, or adding more filters if you wish - from both, the Advanced, and the Main filters. As you add new filters, the list of your products will reload with the new conditions.
You’ll be able to track the filters that you applied to a search you’ve selected on the main Partner Catalog page.
III. Removing Filters
You can remove filters in two ways:
- One by one from the main Partner Catalog page by clicking the "X" next to the filter you wish to remove.
- Or, remove all filters together, by clicking "Advanced Search", then "Clear All".
What do different filters mean?
Main Filters allow you to quickly filter by:
- SKU visibility:
- Live: the product is live on at least one marketplace
- Not Live: the product is not live on any available marketplaces
- Valid: product content is approved and images are available
- Invalid: there is something wrong with your content - incorrect images, rejected content, etc.
- Valid: you product has available stock (either FBN or FBP)
- Invalid: there is something wrong with your product’s stock, it could be out of stock, or the warehouse got disapproved, etc.
Advanced Filters allow you to filter on all the above and even more:
- Seller Status:
- Active: when the product has been activated by you
- Inactive: those products that you have deactivated
- Valid: you price field has been correctly filled-in
- Invalid: something is wrong with your price; you didn’t set it or you set it incorrectly.
- Valid: you have added the barcode successfully
- Invalid: you did not add the barcode or you added it incorrectly
- Marketplace Live/Not live:
- This filter enables you to narrow down into which products are live or not live on a particular marketplace. Most of our sellers are using one marketplace only (noon), in which case this filter has the same outcome as the one for SKU visibility, but some of our sellers are using multiple marketplaces, in which cases they can use this filter to really narrow down their list of products.
- Deal Codes Active:
- These are all the deal codes you currently have active. Selecting any one of them or more, will show you all the products that are currently active on that particular deal.
- Allows you to narrow down the list of products by specific brand(s). You can choose one or more to filter by.
- Allows you to narrow down the list of products by category. You can choose one or more to filter by.
- SKU Type
- Noon SKU - the ones starting with N; usually SKUs that were created before January 2022 and the ones belonging to noon controlled brands.
- Seller SKU - the ones starting with Z; controlled by sellers and created after January 2022; you create and control the content for these SKUs.
- Unmapped - the ones that require a Noon SKU, but don’t have it yet. Usually the ones from noon controlled brands that are pending mapping in the Brand Catalog page on the seller lab.
Got any questions?
Drop us an email on email@example.com