One of the aims of implementing customer reviews is to provide a reliable space for our customers to share their experiences related to products they purchased from you and the service you provide them. Our customers use these reviews to make an informed buying decision. Therefore, it’s paramount that reviews remain genuine and that they are strictly provided by our customers who’ve experienced your product and service.
What are the Violations to Customer Reviews/Seller Rating policies?
Sellers can use customer reviews to understand our customers’ satisfaction related to their products, but they can’t participate in writing or impacting reviews about their product in any way. The following list clarifies some of the most common unpermitted practices that directly or indirectly affect the integrity of our customer reviews and that sellers must avoid at all times:
- Posting a review or a rating on your product or another seller’s product in a manner that benefits you.
- Offering a discount, free products, financial reward, or other compensation to a third party to influence a review on your products or another seller’s products. This includes using services that sell customer reviews, websites, or social media groups.
- Asking customers to grant, change or remove reviews on the noon platform in exchange for a refund or reimbursement by directly or indirectly contacting the customer.
- Using a third-party service that offers free or discounted products in exchange for a manipulated review on the noon platform.
- Using the help of your family member or team member to post a review on your product or a competitor's in a manner that benefits you.
- Requesting our customers for a positive review or offering an incentive against a review using notes placed inside the product packaging or shipping box.
- Using a customer account to write or change a review of your product or a competitor.
- Any other actions that impact the integrity of customer reviews on the noon website.
All the family members, seller’s employees, and third-party partners of the
seller are included here, in reference to “Seller”
What is the action required from the seller to correct this action?
- Seller needs to submit an undertaking mentioning non-involvement in such activities going forward and agreeing to the consequences thereafter.
What are the actions that will be taken against the sellers who violate the terms and conditions?
In the event of engaging in any of the above practices to impact the integrity of our customer reviews, noon may take one or more of the following actions:
- Removal of all reviews of the seller’s account
- Delisting all seller offers linked to the brand/SKU being abused
- Terminating the seller’s store(s) permanently or temporarily.
- Forfeiting/ withholding of payments and/or inventory
- Imposing a fine of at least AED/ SAR 20,000 or EGP 80,000
- Taking legal action against the offending seller including lawsuits and referral to civil and criminal enforcement authorities.
- Disclose the seller’s name and other related information to regulatory bodies and government agencies.
We look forward to your support in helping us maintain authentic customer reviews on our site in order to provide our customers with the information they need to buy products that suit them, and to offer our partners a wealth of information to improve their products and services.
Got more questions?
Contact us at email@example.com