The warranty promise that you offer our customers will encourage them to buy your products with all confidence, trust you as a seller and the brands that you sell.
Customers will always have the option to return items back to noon for warranty claims, and the seller is responsible for ensuring the repair of the item within the fourteen (14) days as per the Consumer Protection law. The following process details all the steps that need to be taken for a successful management of warranty claims.
Note: All warranty claims should be addressed by the seller and repairs should
be completed within fourteen (14) business days from the delivery of the item
as per the law.
Am I legally required to offer warranty?
Warranty is a legal requirement for certain categories such as electronics and electric appliances in the UAE and KSA. Not offering customers warranties relevant to these categories leads to sanctions imposed by the local authorities.
Warranty legal requirements per country:
- KSA: two (2) years warranty for electronics and electric appliances and machines.
- UAE: one (1) year warranty for electronics and electric appliances and machines.
What is the warranty policy?
noon will support you throughout the warranty claim process. We'll deliver and collect items subject to warranty claims, and we'll communicate regularly to provide guidance and assistance in case of challenges.
Note: Not complying with any step of the following process will trigger a refund of
the product to the customer and the refunded amount will be debited from the
I. Updating the correct warehouse details
Sellers can update their warehouse where they'd like us to deliver items for warranty claims here.
II. Item delivery to the seller for repair
1. First, we’ll deliver the defective item to the seller. If for any reason the seller wasn't able to receive it, noon will reattempt the delivery a maximum of three (3) times and we'll notify the seller of each failed attempt. Sellers have fourteen (14) business days to complete the repair of items from the delivery of the item.
2. If the delivery is successful, noon will email the seller a confirmation of the delivery within twenty four hours (24h).
3. The seller has to reply to the email confirming that they received the item.
III. Warranty claim communication flow
Upon the delivery of the item, noon will keep an open line of communication to track progress on the repair and to communicate important deadlines. Listed below is the standard communication process timeline (in business days) to assist sellers on warranty matters from the day of the delivery of the item:
Note: all warranty claims communication will only be done via email only.
Day 1: confirming the delivery of the item to the seller.
Day 3: asking for the diagnosis update, if no update was received from the seller.
Day 7: asking for the warranty resolution on the claim, if no update was received from the seller.
Day 13: reminding the seller of the approaching deadline to provide the repaired item, if no update was received from the seller.
Day 15: notifying the seller of the refund to the customer that will take place if they don't submit the repaired item with the permitted fourteen (14) days, if no communication was received from seller.
IV. Warranty claims issues and challenges
1. In the event of facing any type of issues, sellers must send an email to noon detailing the issue within (24) hours from the delivery of the items. Listed below are examples of potential issues that can arise:
- Locked device.
- Password protected.
- FMI (Find my iPhone).
2. Any query or information received from the seller will be addressed by the warranty team within (48) hours.
3. The seller must perform an item diagnosis within three (3) business days from receiving it. If it was detected that the damage caused to the item was done by the customer, the seller must send noon a email inclusive of the technical report within three (3) business days, and the date they can handover the item so in order to schedule a pick-up.
4. The seller must print two (2) copies of the technical report. noon will then collect the item and a copy of the technical report as per the agreed pick- up schedule with the seller, and will deliver them back to the customer. It has mandatory to provide a copy of the technical report as the pick-up won't be completed without it. The 2nd copy of the technical report will be signed by noon's delivery associate and should remain with the seller as a proof of handover so that they can use it as a mandatory document to raise disputes.
5. noon will make a maximum of three (3) attempts to collect the item from the seller within the legal repair duration of fourteen (14) business days. Not handing over the item within the permitted timeline will result in a refund to the customer and the seller's account will consequently be debited.
V. Refund process
1. If any of the seller’s warranty terms and conditions are breached, the seller’s account will be debited and communication will be sent for the same.
2. The below are the reasons for refunding the claimed item and billed it to the seller:
- SLA Breached: If the seller failed to repair or replace the warranty claim within (14) business days of SLA from the date of delivery, the case will be refunded and billed to the seller under refund reason “SLA breached”. During these (14) business days, the seller will receive email communications reminding and asking for updates on the claimed item. The warranty team will send an email with the details of the refunds to the seller.
- Missing parts or accessories: If the customer submits the claim along with the accessories, the same will be sent to the seller. The seller must ensure the claimed item is returned with all the parts and accessories as it was delivered. If any parts or accessories are reported missing by the customer, the warranty team will check on the noon website if the parts or the accessories are available and add the refund of the same value as noon credits and inform the customer. This refund will be billed to the seller under “Missing Accessories” and the same will be communicated by email to the seller.
- Agreed to Refund/OOS: If the seller has agreed or advised the warranty team to process the refund for the claimed item which is delivered to the seller, the warranty team will process these cases under refund “Agreed to Refund or Out of Stock (OOS)”. The warranty seller team will communicate the refund details with the seller by email.
- Rejected the claim: If the seller rejects any valid claim, as determined by noon in its sole discretion under any circumstances when the warranty team attempts to deliver the item to the seller, the claim would be going through a refund process and will be billed to the seller under “Rejected the claim”. The warranty seller team will communicate the refund details with the seller by email.
- Not Reachable: The warranty team will use the seller information available in Seller Lab under Warehouse tab for the claim item delivery and pickup and the contact information available like email for claim communication and Warehouse details for claim item delivery and pickup. The seller must ensure the information is up-to-date at all given times. If the information is incorrect which results in claim delivery/pickup/email failure, the claim will be refunded and billed to the seller. The warranty team will make a maximum of (3) attempts on (3) business days, to deliver the claim item to the seller. If there were (3) attempts in the first (3) business days there could still be a chance for the seller to contact noon and get the item and fix it before breaching the (14) days. If the seller is not reachable, the claim will be billed to the seller under “Not reachable” after (14) days and the warranty team will email the communication to the seller.
- Repeated claim: If the customer complains within the warranty period, the item is unrepaired after the issue still persists, the warranty team will send refund communication with the details to the seller. The customer would be refunded, and the same amount would be billed to the seller. If the customer will complain of the repeated issue within (30) days of RTC (return to customer), then the claim will be refunded and billed to the seller under “Repeated claim”. The warranty team will send the email informing about the refund to the seller. If the customer will complain of the repeated issue post (30) days of RTC (return to customer), then the claim will be picked and sent to the seller. The usual warranty claim process will be followed.
- Goodwill (Accessories)/Goodwill (Price difference)/Goodwill (Compensation): If the customer raised any warranty claim for any product and the issue is due to the fault of any accessories, the warranty team would refund the accessories of the same value if the accessories value is less than 100 AED in UAE, 100 SAR for KSA and 400 EGP for EGYPT. If the value of the accessories is higher than the above criteria, it will be picked from the customer and sent to the seller as a usual claim. The warranty team will check on the noon website if the accessories are available and add the refund of the same value as noon credits and inform the customer. If not available, we will use the above thresholds country wise and refund them as goodwill compensation. It would be billed to the seller under “Goodwill (Accessories)/ Goodwill (Compensation)/ Goodwill (Price difference)”. The warranty team will email the details of the goodwill to the seller.
- Exceptional refund - Claim reaches at seller or service center immediately after the warranty expiry date: The customer is entitled to claim a warranty at any point of time within the warranty period. If the customer raises any warranty claim before the warranty period and If an item reaches the seller post warranty expiry date which resulted in the rejection of claim due to out of warranty, these cases will be billed to the seller. Equal half of the paid price would be billed to the seller and customer experience. The warranty team will email the details of the refund to the seller.
- Cross-border: If an item is sold cross-borders and serviceability for the same is not available, the item will be billed under cross-border refund. The warranty team will email the details of the refund to the seller.
- Fake or pre-activated unit: All the branded items will be sent to the brand authorized service center. If the service center diagnosis reports state that the item is fake, pre-activated or out of the region, it will be considered as pre-activated/fake cases which would be billed to the seller under “Fake/Pre-activated”. The warranty team will email the details of the refund to the seller with the technical report given by the service center.
Got any more questions?
Contact us on email@example.com.