Images are one of the biggest factors which impact a customer’s purchase decision. High quality images should always be used in your listings as they're a way customers use to quickly evaluate the product before referring to the product information.
It is highly recommended to upload a minimum of 3 high-quality images for your product displaying the following for an easy understanding of the product for the customer:
- Different angles of the product
- Textures and fabrics
Technical Image Requirements
The following guidelines will help you use the best pictures that will reflect your products' worth:
|MIME Type||Images must be submitted in JPEG or JPG format only.|
|Image Dimensions and Aspect ratio||Image dimensions should be at least 660x900 pixels and maintain a height and width ratio (aspect ratio) of 0.73.|
|Resolution (PPI)||Resolution should be above or equal to ≥ 72 PPI (to maintain the image clarity when zoomed).|
If the product is shot vertically then a 10% margin should be left on top and bottom, and if the product is shot horizontally then a 5% margin should be left on both sides.
|Max file size||The size of the product image must not exceed 10 MB.|
Primary Image Style Requirements
The first thing that the customer sees are the primary images. It is the way customers can get an idea on how amazing your products are. The better the picture quality, the better it will reflect your product value, and the more likely they are to buy it.
Primary images should display the following:
- A front view of the product.
- Pure white background for all categories except for the fashion; where the recommended background is light grey.
- Lifestyle images are not permitted for the primary images but can be uploaded to be part of your product pictures selection
- Light shadows only are accepted but hard shadow or hard reflection shouldn't be used.
- Multiple views of a single product must be not be included in a primary image, but it can be added as other alternate images.
- It must be displayed outside of their packaging. No elements of a product’s packaging, including boxes, bags, cases and brand/swing tags should appear in the primary image.
- Full bundles must be depicted in the primary image in case bundled products are being sold.
- If the product category is "Smartphones and Tablet" then the images should be a combo of front and back view.
- For the Adults apparel category, it is recommended to have pictures shot on models instead of flat lay shots or images shot on hangers except for swimwear and underwear.
- For the Kids apparel category, it is recommended to have flat lay shots or products shot on hangers.
All Product Images Requirements
The rest of images that will you'll use for your product besides the primary image must comply with the following standards:
- Matching the product title and description.
- High resolution, and not blurry and pixelated.
- No logos, watermarks, unwanted text or objects are allowed.
- It should not contain any inappropriate or offensive images.
- Only photographs are permitted, CAD drawings, thumbnails, or illustrations are not allowed.
- Do not upload images that show accessories that are not included with the item.
Products needs to have good visibility on the images. They need to cover at least 70-80% of the image frame.
- Do not use placeholder images (images that don't show the actual product) like as:
- Image coming soon
- No image available
- Sorry, the photo is not available
- If you're adding text to the images, make sure the language is not offensive or in any way inappropriate. This includes banned words, prejudiced language and similarly inappropriate expressions.
Common Listing Errors
The below table lists the most common errors made while submitting the images which leads to noon's quality check rejections. The explanation is given for each rejection reason which can be referred to fix the rejected SKUs.
|More details||Allowed||Not Allowed|
Image - Need product image without packaging
The primary image is the most important image as it represents the product the customer is going to buy, and is the first image customers see on a product listing page.
Image - Cropped/half image
The Primary images should not be cropped to obscure important elements of the product. It must show the entire product that is for sale.
Image - Low resolution
Product images should not be blurry or pixelated. All images should be in focus, professionally lit, and photographed and must clearly show product detail and texture.
Image - Duplicate Images
Duplicate images or same images must not be uploaded multiple times against the same product.
Image - Conflicting images
Images must accurately represent the product and show only the product that is for sale.
Image - Needs Editing
Your image needs editing due to any of the following issues:
- Always use a white background for the first image except for the fashion category where light grey backgrounds are recommended.
- Images should not contain the manufacturing date or expiry date.
Trust Symbols ( Energy Star).
Light, believable shadows are allowed.
No price tag is added.
No expiry date reflected
No warranty reveals.
Watermark/Logos are not allowed
Hard Shadow on primary images are not allowed
Product image should not have the visibility of expiry date
Any reference related to warranty information is not allowed
Image must not include borders
Image - Broken Images
An image could be broken for a number of reasons. For example, it might not be named properly, or the URL which is provided is not valid, or images have larger file sizes that may prevent uploads.
Image - Need other view
The image must show a clear view of the product being sold.
Image - Incorrect sequencing
The standard format for sequencing is as follows:
It is important to ensure that the primary image should always be a front view of the product and other angles can be uploaded as alternate images as per the order shared above. However, if it is not possible to find the exact angle of the product for alternate images, then try to submit the nearest matching angle for other images.
Got any more questions?
Contact us on email@example.com.