FBN (Fulfilled by noon) sellers can choose to remove any stock quantity from noon fulfillment centers at any time.
This guide explains how you can raise a request to retrieve your FBN items on Seller Lab.
The Transfers From noon page on Seller Lab is divided into two sections:
1- Shipments; which is a tab that gives you visibility on all your RTVs, their status, the quantity per shipment, and the type of the RTV. Learn more about the RTV types
2- Documents; where you can also view all the information from the Shipments tab, as well as create RTV requests, and check the total number of RTVs that you created.
Note: After you create a RTV (Return to Vendor) request for your items, the
quantity you receive from noon could be different that the one you initially
requested for retrieval in the event of customers ordering those items during
noon's processing time of the RTV.
Creating RTV Transfer Requests:
RTV can be directly created from the Transfers page on Seller Lab.
- On Warehouse (WH), click Transfers, then From noon
- Click Documents, and Create RTV
- Select the Source Warehouse (the warehouse you'll be collecting your products from).
- Accept the terms and conditions, and click create.
- Select the items and quantities you'd like to remove.
- Click Save to save your information. This also allows you to go back to your RTV list to continue to modify and save each update at a later time.
- Click Publish when you're done modifying, and you've finalized the decision about the quantities you'd like to retrieve.
- You won't be able to make modifications after you publish a document.
- Only one RTV from a specific Source Warehouse can be open at a time.
A single RTV could have multiple shipments as your products might be prepared for collection/delivery in different batches.
- Check the progress status of your RTV and shipments on the Documents tab.
- Click on a specific RTV or shipment to view the products in it.
Note: When your a RTV shipment has the status "Ready for collection", you'll have
fifteen (15) business days to collect your items from noon's collection center -
the Source Warehouse - or raise a request for delivery for a fee within the same
timeline. If any failure at collecting or requesting a delivery of your items,
they will be liquidated. Learn more about the RTV Inventory Policy.
- You can see on each shipment the Origin, which is the warehouse that you selected to collect your items from
- Click Create a Dispute to raise your concerns to noon about that RTV, or a specific item within the RTV
- On Core (CO), you can track all your disputes that you previously raised