Sometimes you will be unable to fulfill an item for which you have a stock request from noon. When this happens you should eject the item from the stock request tab of seller lab by setting it as "out of stock". This will immediately do two things
- Reduce the current stock of that item to zero
- Inform noon that we need to find an alternative source to fulfil this stock request
As out of stocks very often result in the delay or cancellation of the customer order it is important to try to avoid them wherever possible.
This article will show you how you can monitor your out of stock rates so that you can troubleshoot issues and work towards reducing them.
Having frequent out of stock events will negatively impact your warehouse rating
Intel - Using the out of stock report to find problem items
Accessing the report
- Navigate to the intel application in the left navigation
- Select the out of stock report
- Once you have refreshed wait some time for the report to generate and you should see a grid report with the results
This report tracks the number of stock requests and out of stocks you have received by warehouse for the past 30 days. Check back on it regularly to find problem items so you can deactivate them or conduct a further investigation using the rejected item log
Click on the column headings to sort by number of stock requests, number of oos_items or the out of stock percentage. Hold down shift while sorting to sort by one value first and then another
Right click on the table to export the results to excel for further analysis
Warehouse - Using the rejected logs to further investigate out of stocks
Accessing the rejected logs
- Navigate to the warehouse application
- If you have more than one warehouse make sure you've selected the appropriate one from the top navigation
- Select rejected logs
The rejected logs will show you when each out of stock was made as well as the user that made the change. You can search these logs by partner_sku, sku and user as well as filter them by a specific date.
Where the email address of the user is [email protected] this means that the item was automatically marked as out of stock because the processing time you set was exceeded