At noon we have two selling models available to our sellers:
- Fulfilled by noon (FBN) or noon Express:
FBN is a selling model that allows you to store your products in noon’s customer fulfillment centers.
Click here for more information
2. Fulfilled by partner (FBP):
Cross-dock is a model which requires the seller to fulfill orders placed on noon themselves
- Direct ship
- Direct delivery
How does the cross-dock system work?
Here is a typical customer > delivery flow using cross-dock:
- Customer places an order
- Order appears in Seller Station
- noon will export the order to you as a request for stock for the particular SKU
- Seller must batch these requests into a picklist document and share with seller’s own warehouse for fulfillment
- Once the order is ready, the seller marks that the picklist is ready for pick-up, meaning the order can be handed over via pick-up by noon or drop-off in one of our hubs. The order(s) will be consolidated in an Advance Shipment Notice (ASN), a shipping document that the seller should print in two copies and present for signature at hand-over
- Once this is done, noon will share an ASN transfer summary on the Transfers tab on Seller Station, which is a receipt of confirmation for all units transferred. The seller must immediately review the ASN transfer summary, and raise any concerns on the Disputes tab on Seller Station within two (2) weeks from getting the ASN transfer summary
- All units received in good condition are allocated to pending customer orders and are prepared for dispatch
- In the event of orders with multiple items noon may hold items for consolidation with items from other partners prior to shipping
- Upon dispatch, the order will appear on the Sales tab on Seller Station.
- All dispatched items are subject to the noon sales protection promise
Learn more about the stock transfer and management process for cross-dock here.
What happens if the order is cancelled by the customer?
If the order is cancelled and another is not received, noon will return the stock to the seller or convert it to FBN depending on the seller’s preference.
If you prefer to convert to FBN the stock will remain with noon, and will be for sale onsite as a noon express product, until you request a return.
We recommend transferring to FBN as it will maximize your product’s resale potential. You can always consolidate your returns in a bulk RTV monthly.
Reallocating your cancelled orders
If a customer cancels your order, we’ll carry out a Reallocation of Cancelled Orders. noon does not firmly link a product to a customer order until the item arrives in the warehouse.
This gives us the flexibility to reallocate orders in the event of customer cancellations without having to unnecessarily move your items.
Here’s how the reallocation process works in practice:
- A customer orders 5 units of Product A
- You prepare all 5 units for transfer to noon and they are handed over to noon first mile
If the customer then cancels all 5 units:
- noon receives the transfer and moves the items to a temporary holding area
- As you receive new customer orders, noon selects items from this area first before sending you a request for another unit of stock
If after 24 hours, 4 units have been sold and dispatched to customers:
- noon packs up the remaining unit and transfers it to FBN stock where you can request your item back in the future
- The item is now visible on the site in your noon Express Inventory, and you can request your item back at any time.
This process significantly reduces back and forth logistics and will help boost your product sales in the long run!
How will my sales and returns be recorded?
noon will communicate sales to you via the following reports which can be linked based on the unique item number:
- The VAT invoice report
This report shows a breakdown of the VAT due for each sale
- The Consolidated report
This report shows a full payment breakdown including any fees and promotions
- The Statement report
Once an item payment is due, the item number will be published in this report along with its pending payment
- The Credit Note report
noon will notify you via the VAT credit note report if any items are returned after shipping
Got more questions?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org