Efficiently managing returns is a crucial aspect of the order life cycle. It not only enhances trust with our valued customers but also contributes to an overall positive shopping experience.
Within this article, we will explore the streamlined return process tailored specifically for our Directship sellers. This process is designed to enhance our seller’s ability to serve our customers efficiently.
We'll explore the following key topics:
The Return Dashboard provides you with complete access to monitor and review return requests initiated by the customers. You can access the return dashboard by following these simple steps:
- Click on Fulfilled by Partner in the navigation bar and then click on Customer Returns. You will be redirected to the Customer Returns Dashboard as shown in the screenshot.
The Return Dashboard also offers a status filter, which categorizes returns based on their current status. The table below explains each status:
|Pickup Authorized||The pickup of the product is authorized by noon as no action is taken from your side in the first 48 hours of return creation.|
|Pending Action||The return is pending action from your side.|
|Completed||The return is successfully refunded and the issue is completed.|
|Resolved||The customer was offered a return-less partial refund and the issue is resolved. However, the customer can raise a new return request again if he wish to dispute the solution offered by you.|
|Closed||The return was raised by the customer but then he canceled the request as the customer didn't want to return the item.|
Note: For more details on how you can effectively manage the returns please
Seller Buyer Messaging Service
Another essential feature of the customer return process is the ability to communicate directly with the customer. This messaging service empowers you to engage with the customer and provide solutions for their return requests.
Customers generally raise return requests for the following reasons:
- The delivered item is damaged, defective, or different from what was ordered.
- The customer requires assistance in using the item.
To contact the customer, follow these steps:
- Click the 'Contact Customer' button associated with the respective return ID on the Customer Return Dashboard.
- You will be directed to a page where you can send a message directly to the customer.
- If a customer displays rude or abusive behavior during the conversation, you can report the conversation, which will disable the messaging feature for both you and the customer.
Note: For more details on the guidelines and important templates for contacting
customers please click here.
Return-less Refund (Full or Partial)
This feature allows you to initiate a refund for the customer either before or after receiving the returned item. If the refund is initiated after receiving the item, it's referred to as a "Regular Refund." If it's initiated before receiving the item, it's known as a "Return-less Refund."
A return-less refund advises the customer to keep the item and also provides a refund, which can be either full or partial based on the situation.
Here's how you can issue a refund to the customer:
1. Issuing Full Refund :
To issue a full refund, follow these simple steps:
- On the Customer Return Dashboard, search for or locate the Return ID, either by scanning the QR code or entering the AWB manually in the search bar. Then, click on 'Issue Refund.'
- On the next page, select the check box for 'Issue a Full Refund' and click 'Submit Refund.' This action initiates a full refund for the product, which will be processed back to the customer.
- On the next page select the check box Issue a Full Refund and then click on Submit Refund. A full refund for the product will be initiated and will be processed back to the customer.
2. Issuing Partial Refund
1. Before initiating a partial refund, you need to obtain consent from the
customer through the messaging option.
2. The amount refunded previously for the same order will be visible in the
prior refund section if you initiate a partial refund.
- The initial step is similar to the Full Refund process described above.
- On the Customer Return Details page, you can enter the amount agreed with the customer in the 'Refund Amount' tab and click 'Submit Refund.'
Note: For more details on how to issue a return-less refund to the customer
please click here.
As a seller, you have 48 hours from the return creation date to contact the customer and initiate a return-less full or partial refund. If you do not take any action on the return ID within the first 48 hours, noon authorizes and schedules the pickup of the item.
Once the return is collected, the item will be delivered directly to you, bypassing the noon warehouse. This will reduce the time it used to take to return the item back to you since the returns are directly delivered.
Note: To get more details how to handle the customer returns please refer to
If you encounter any issues with the item returned by the customer, you have the option to raise a dispute from the Customer Return Dashboard. This can be done within 7 days of refunding the customer. Here are the steps to follow:
Lets discuss the steps to be followed to create a dispute.
•On the Customer Return Dashboard, search for or locate the Return ID, either by scanning the QR code or entering the AWB manually in the search bar. Click on 'View Details.'
•If the return status is marked as 'completed,' you will find an option to 'File a New Claim.' Click on this button.
•Once you click on this option, a pop-up will appear, allowing you to provide the reason and other details for raising a dispute. Fill in the necessary information and click 'Submit Claim.' Your dispute will be raised and reviewed by our noon team. Any updates regarding the claim will be shared with you via email.
Note: For more details on the dispute policy and reimbursements please
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org