General Packaging Guidelines
The following are the basic guidelines that need to be followed to ensure safe transit and delivery of packages to customers.
- Only QR codes provided by noon, or which you can print from Seller Lab should be properly applied on each package.
- Ensure to pack the correct item with the correct brand, correct color and correct model.
- All items packed in noon provided packages must be sealed, without any gaps or openings, along the tamper-proof sealant provided with the package.
- The items that don't fit in noon provided packages must be shrink-wrapped or bubble wrap (as per guidelines) and QR code must be pasted on the wrapping
- Please use the fragile or liquid sticker as and when applicable for particular items packed.
- All items tagged as bulky must be shrink wrapped.
- All fragile items (for e.g. dinner sets, mirrors or glass-based Items should have strong primary packaging (box with no space for movement), or covered with bubble wrap, and should be shrink wrapped in case primary packaging is loose or weak.
The following are the general packaging guidelines for each category.
|Category||Example||Packing Material||Recommended Guideline|
|Fragile||Dinner Sets, Camera Lens, Mirrors, Glass items, Porcelain||- Q Series Pouch
- Shrink Wrap
- Fragile Sticker
- Bubble wrap for unboxed items
|- Use bubble wrap Q series packaging wherever possible
-Bubble wrap to be used in case item does not fit Q series pouches
- Primary packaging of dinner sets should be able to hold weight of items & must be tight fit (restricting any internal movement)
- Fragile Sticker to be pasted on the package
|Liquid||Cosmetics, Creams, Lotions, Shampoo, Home Cleaning Liquids and Detergents, Water Bottles, Soft Drinks||- Tape
- P series or Q series Pouch
|- The lid or opening of the item must be taped with a transparent tape, to prevent any leakages in-transit
- In case of heavier liquid items (like home cleaning liquid) a Q series pouch will be preferred
- Multiple liquid items must be packed separately in plain pouches or polybag before adding into shipment
- Liquid sticker must be pasted on the package
- In case of multiple water bottles or soda cans in one SKU, each SKU must be shrink-wrapped before handover
|Consumer Electronics||Mobile Phones, Mobile Phone Accessories, smartwatch, Camera||- Q series Pouch
- P series Pouch
|- All mobile phones and smart watches must be packed in Q series Pouch
- All accessories can go in P series pouches
- In case the item does not fit in the provided packages, the item must be shrink wrapped
|Fashion||Apparels, Shoes, Watches||- P series Pouch||- P series pouch is preferred for all fashion items|
|Bulky||Cycles, Sports and Fitness Equipment, Furniture, Kitchen Appliance and Home Improvement Appliances, Kids Toys||- Shrink Wrap||- All items must be shrink wrapped
- In case of mirrors or delicate furniture, fragile sticker must be pasted on the item
Return Items Accountability and Dispute Resolution
All packages in any condition must be scanned by the seller using Direct Ship app. Any unscanned package will not be eligible for a reimbursement or dispute
|Scenario||Next Step||Next Scenario||Attribute||Seller Impact|
|Outer packaging damaged||Mark the package as damaged while receiving return.||Inside item is intact||Noon||Seller will not be reimbursed if outer-packaging is damaged|
|Inside item is damaged or in non-sellable condition and image of the item is shared||Noon/Seller||- If packaging is done as per guidelines, seller will be reimbursed 100% of the item value.- If packaging is not done as per guidelines, seller will not be reimbursed.|
|Empty box received||Raise a dispute on Seller Lab||Outer packaging is tampered||Noon||Seller will be reimbursed 100% of the item value.|
|Item lost by noon||Item will be marked as lost in seller lab and reimbursement will be triggered automatically.||None||Noon||Seller will be reimbursed 100% of the item value|
|Incorrect item received||Take photographs of outer packaging along with the pre-generated QR code sticker pasted on the package||Outer packaging is present with the original pre-generated QR code sticker.||Seller||Seller will not be reimbursed, and it will be deemed that the seller packed the wrong item|
|Outer packaging is tampered.||Noon||Seller will be reimbursed 100% of the item value.|