What constitutes fraud?
An action which intentionally tries to harm noon’s brand, customers, sellers or any other person or entity associated with noon in any capacity in order to gain an unfair advantage is termed as a fraudulent activity.
The actions described below are covered under the Anti-Fraud and Seller Code of Conduct Policy and the scenarios are not limited only to the ones mentioned, but also expand to other situations which impact any internal or external stakeholder having a touchpoint with noon.
- Communicating directly with customers asking for good ratings by offering additional benefits
- Establishing any contact with customer through any direct or indirect means without the explicit permission from noon
- Physically or verbally abusing noon’s customers, noon’s employees or other sellers on the platform
- Sending inappropriate messages to noon’s customers, noon’s employees or other sellers on the platform
- Placing orders of products listed by other sellers on noon with an intention of blocking their inventory by returning them or not receiving them
- Colluding with customers/other sellers to avail benefits/offers provided by noon (or vice-versa)
- Manipulating reviews or ratings of other sellers or their own seller account, either by giving low ratings or high ratings
- Being involved in money laundering activities
- Deliberately withholding fulfillment of orders or sending incorrect items to customers
- Attempting to bypass noon’s fulfillment processes
- Raising false disputes to monetarily defraud noon
- Sharing false documents with noon
- Creating duplicate seller accounts without the explicit approval of noon
- Creating duplicate listings of the same product
- Filing false cases against noon in a court of law
- Acting on behalf of a brand to file infringement complaints against other sellers to benefit their own seller account
noon reserves the right to take necessary action against you in case of any fraudulent activity detected from your seller account. Depending upon the nature and impact of the violation(s), the following set of actions can be taken:
- Delisting the products being sold by you
- Temporary or permanent revocation of your selling privileges
- Reporting you to government authorities
- Initiating legal action
- Levying a minimum monetary penalty of AED/SAR 20,000 or EGP 160,000 and/or any other penalties including recovery of ancillary expenditure such as legal expenses, customer refunds etc.
- Liquidating your inventory to recover dues owed to noon
Any action taken against you by noon shall be notified via email to you.
If you have received communication from noon regarding fraudulent activity from your account, then you will be given a chance to appeal our decision by providing the requested information within 3 calendar days, failing which, the action shall be final and binding. You can also provide additional relevant information to noon if you believe it will strengthen your case. We will evaluate your response and our final decision will be binding on you without a chance for repealing.
We strongly advise you to refrain from indulging in any fraudulent activity which can affect noon’s brand image and the trust of its customers.
Reach out to email@example.com