1. The Directship Fee
We shall charge the below Direct Ship fees based on the shipment's dimension and the volumetric or the physical weight of the shipment, which ever is higher.
The Direct Ship Fee is charged upon shipping the order to the customer, and
is not refunded if the order is returned. However in eligible cases such as
undelivered shipment due to customer unresponsiveness we will refund this fees.
Follow the below listed guidelines to determine the Direct Ship Fee for each of your items:
1. First, start by selecting the classification (standard parcel or oversize) of the packaging that will hold your shipment based on the dimensions using the Classification Tier table.
2. Next, calculate your shipment’s shipping weight and volumetric weight by using the below formulas.
- Shipping weight = the shipment's physical weight + the packaging weight of a particular classification.
- Volumetric weight= Length*Breadth*Height/ 5000
Now round-up these weights to the nearest 50g. Select the higher weight as the base.
3. Ensure that the weight isn’t above the maximum weight of the classification in the size-tier table. If the selected weight is higher, then the next classification tier will apply.
4. Finally, select the FBP Direct Ship Fee that will apply to your shipment based on the packaging classification, and the weight slab that’s equivalent to your shipping weight.
|Classification||Longest (cm)||Median (cm)||Shortest (cm)||
Packaging material (g)
|Max shipping weight (kg)*|
Direct Ship Fee Table
A fee that applies to each shipment that is shipped to a customer. The value of the Direct Ship fee is based on a combination of the dimensions and shipping weight of the product.
|Size tier||Weight Slab||Pickup fee per shipment (SAR)||Drop off fee per shipment (SAR)|
|Standard Parcel||<=0.25 kg||19.0||17.0|
|>0.25 kg & <=0.50 kg||19.5||17.5|
|>0.50 kg & <=1.0 kg||20.5||18.5|
|>1.0 kg & <=1.5 kg||21.5||19.5|
|>1.5 kg & <=2.0 kg||22.5||20.5|
|>2.0 kg & <=3.0 kg||29.0||27.0|
|Each additional 1kg till 12 Kg||Additional 1 SAR per Kg||Additional 1 SAR per Kg|
|>1.0 kg & <=2.0 kg||29.5||27.5|
|Each additional 1 kg till 10 kg||Additional 1 SAR per Kg||Additional 1 SAR per Kg|
|>10 kg & <=15 kg||41.0||39.0|
|>15 kg & <=20 kg||45.0||43.0|
|>20 kg & <=25 kg||49.0||47.0|
|>25 kg & <=30 kg||53.0||51.0|
|>30 kg||Additional 1 SAR per Kg||Additional 1 SAR per Kg|
FBP Direct Ship Fee Calculation Example:
Dimensions: 17.4 x 8.81 x 2.8 cm
Shipment's physical weight: 0.32 kg
Based on the dimensions, this is a standard parcel which has 0.10 kg of packaging weight. The corresponding shipping weight is:
Shipping Weight = Shipment's physical weight + Packaging Weight = (0.32+0.10) kg = 0.42 kg (approximately 0.5 kg)
Volumetric Weight: Length*Breadth*Height/5000 = 17.4*8.81*2.8/5000= 0.086 kg.
Since shipping weight is higher we take that as the base.
Therefore, this is under the 500 g maximum shipping weight for standard parcel.
|Direct Ship Fee||Weight Slab||Pickup fee per shipment (SAR)||Drop off fee per shipment (SAR)|
|Standard Parcel||>0.25 kg & <=0.50 kg||19.5||17.5|
Got more questions?
Contact us at email@example.com